Our aim is to make your museum visit as safe and pleasant as possible. We urge all visitors to follow these instructions during the visit to the museum.
Have a safe visit and enjoy design!
GUIDELINES FOR MUSEUM VISITS
1. Visitors over 15-year-old are required to wear a face mask.
If you do not have a mask with you, we offer a mask in the ticket office
2. Let’s keep a safe distance from others
Make space for yourself and others when moving about in the Design Museum. We will also keep a safe distance from you.
– Please pay your card online. Buy your ticket here.
– You can leave your coat and bag in the lockers next to the ticket counter. Unfortunately, no large items can be accepted for storage. The lockers are available for visitors free of charge.
– Please follow the signs in the museum. The guidelines for each floor, available at the ticket counter, indicate the recommended direction of movement in the museum. Please follow the instructions.
3. Don’t forget proper hand hygiene
– Please don’t forget good hand hygiene. Ensure that your hands are clean when you come to the museum, and wash your hands frequently or apply hand sanitizer.
– Cough and sneeze into your elbow/upper sleeve.
– Please don’t touch the exhibits.
– Avoid unnecessary touching of surfaces.
We pay special attention to staff members’ proper hand hygiene.
4. Come to the museum only when you are healthy
You are welcome to visit Design Museum when you feel healthy. If you feel ill, please stay at home until you feel better.
5. Clean and tidy
We pay special attention to hygiene and cleanliness in all facilities. All elements that can be touched have been removed from the exhibitions until further notice.
Design Museum’s other facilities – Design Museum Arabia, Design Museum Iittala and Design Museum Nuutajärvi – follow the same safety guidelines as Design Museum on Korkeavuorenkatu. Details on the opening hours of Design Museum Arabia are available on the websites of Iittala & Arabia Design Centre, Design Museum Iittala and Design Museum Nuutajärvi.
Winter-time, Design Museum is open on Tuesdays 11–20, Wednesdays – Sundays 11-18.
The opening hours of Taito Café and Design Shop are the same as the museum’s. You don’t need to book your time beforehand when you visit the Shop and the Café.
Design Museum complies with the official Government guidelines. Any changes will be announced immediately on our website.
Picture: Otso Kaijaluoto