Our aim is to make your museum visit as safe and pleasant as possible. We urge all visitors to follow these instructions during their visit to the museum.
Have a safe visit and enjoy the design!
GUIDELINES FOR THE SAFE MUSEUM VISITS
1. You can buy your ticket in the museum’s ticket office or book your ticket online
If you pre-book your tickets, make the order here. You can arrive at the museum during the booked arrival slot, but you are allowed to stay as long as you like. We make sure the space is not too crowded, and your visit is comfortable.
2. Visitors over 12-year-old are recommended to wear a face mask
3. Let’s keep a safe distance from others
Make space for yourself and others when moving about in the Design Museum. We will also keep a safe distance from you.
– Please pay your ticket with a card
– You can leave your coat and bag in the lockers next to the ticket counter. Unfortunately, no large items can be accepted for storage. The lockers are available for visitors free of charge.
– Please follow the signs in the museum. The guidelines for each floor, available at the ticket counter, indicate the recommended direction of movement in the museum. Please follow the instructions.
4. Don’t forget proper hand hygiene
– Please don’t forget good hand hygiene. Ensure that your hands are clean when you come to the museum, and wash your hands frequently or apply hand sanitizer.
– Cough and sneeze into your elbow/upper sleeve.
We pay special attention to staff members’ proper hand hygiene.
5. Come to the museum only when you are healthy
You are welcome to visit Design Museum Helsinki when you feel healthy. If you feel ill, please stay at home until you feel better.
6. Clean and tidy
We pay special attention to hygiene and cleanliness in all facilities.
7. Guided tours and events both live and online
At the moment, guided tours, workshops, and events are offered both live and online. The free, guided tours are available in Finnish on Tuesdays at 5 p.m. and on Saturdays at 2 p.m., please see the monthly tours in English here. Max 15 persons on the tour.
Design Museum’s other facilities – Design Museum Arabia, Design Museum Iittala and Design Museum Nuutajärvi – follow the same safety guidelines as Design Museum on Korkeavuorenkatu. Details on the opening hours of Design Museum Arabia are available on the websites of Iittala & Arabia Design Centre, Design Museum Iittala and Design Museum Nuutajärvi.
Winter-time, Design Museum is open on Tuesdays 11–20, Wednesdays – Sundays 11-18.
The opening hours of Taito Café and Design Shop are the same as the museums.
Design Museum complies with the official Government guidelines. Any changes will be announced immediately on our website.
Picture: Otso Kaijaluoto